Saturday, April 7, 2012

Reflections on my first 5K

I began with one primary goal - to run a sub 8 minute mile. The excitement of the race and the friendly competition helped me get it done. I ran the 5K (3.1 miles) in 24:21 minutes (7:51 pace).

Here are some pictures from this special day.

A picture with my boys before the race began.
God has really blessed Kim and me!

There were 128 registered runners.
This is moments after the horn went off and we were on our way.

About 24 minutes after the race began,
Kim took a picture of me heading toward the finish line.

Crossing the finish line. I was checking my watch
to see if the official race clock was correct. HA

I came in 40th place. There were 128 runners.
http://www.drcsports.com/Results/index.php?p=LCover

Yep. I'm as tired as I look.

The only thing better than completing my first 5K
was enjoying it with my incredible wife!

1 comment:

pregador27 said...

Good job Matt. I want to be able to that in the future. God bless you bro!