Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Blogging, Influence and Recent Stats

Writing this blog has been a rewarding experience. It has provided me with an opportunity to express my reflections on everything from running, to passages of Scripture, to my incredible family and so much more.

However, in all of this, my primary passion is to be a person of influence. I want to believe that through my writing, I am able to point people in the right direction and encourage them along the way. Ultimately, Jesus wants each of us to submit ourselves to His authority over our lives and receive the blessings that go with such a radical decision. I want to help those on that path to see what that kind of life looks like. While I would be the first to admit that I haven't "arrived" yet and have so much to learn, I can say without reservation that I've got my eyes set on Jesus and His Word and I want to help others to take the journey with me.

Regarding my desire to influence: While Blogspot/Blogger doesn't allow me to see specifically who visits my blog, I can see what country they are in, what keywords they entered in sights such as Google to get to my blog, and a few other interesting items. Here's some of what happened over the past 30 days:

Pageviews last month - 337

Pageviews by country in past month:
  • United States - 215
  • Russia - 90
  • United Kingdom - 12
  • Germany - 3
  • Canada - 2
  • Ireland - 2
  • Philippines - 2
  • South Africa - 2
  • United Arab Emirates - 1
  • Australia - 1
  • etc.

Keyword searches in past month:
  • symptoms of a guilty conscience - 8
  • symptoms of guilty conscience - 4
  • signs of a guilty conscience - 3
  • guilty conscience symptoms - 2
  • the hiding place - 2
  • the hiding place by corrie ten boom - 2
  • does god care about my self-worth - 1
  • does god care about your self esteem - 1
  • end of the spear 2005 movie cover - 1
  • first baptist church of brooksville fl - 1

My top ten posts in past month:
(This doesn't measure the posts that are viewed when someone goes to http://mattellis1997.blogspot.com and simply reads the posts. This only measures the posts that get a "click" to direct the reader to that specific post. This also does not include the overall total number of hits each post has recieved - only the hits from the past 30 days. For example: "Symptoms of a Guilty Conscience" has had 638 overall hits but only 62 in the past 30 days.)
  • "Symptoms of a guilty conscience" - 62
  • "Calvinism, Civility, and Conversions" - 32
  • "Church, State and Truth-telling" - 13
  • "Why I Love Running" - 11
  • "A 'God Moment' in Ecuador" - 10
  • "My Visit to 'Terminal City'" - 10
  • "Book Review: The Hiding Place" - 6
  • "Julian Castro's Troubling Comments on Marriage" - 5
  • "Courageous Fatherhood Conference with Robert Amaya" - 5
  • "On Trips to Heaven and Writing a Book About It" - 3

No comments: