Monday, May 11, 2015

Habits of a Mom Who Finishes Well

This sermon uses the Old Testament mom, Rebekah, to illustrate a couple of habits that present day moms need so that they can be successful in raising children who will be adult Jesus-followers.

One note of correction: I wrongfully mentioned in this sermon that the Bible never records a prayer by Rebekah. A couple of folks caught my mistake and referenced Genesis 25:22. (I'm sure there were many others who also caught it but just didn't bring it to my attention.) It doesn't change the point I was making about prayer but I'm so proud to pastor a people who are engaged and know their Bibles!

"And the people of Berea were more open-minded than those in Thessalonica, and they listened eagerly to Paul’s message. They searched the Scriptures day after day to see if Paul and Silas were teaching the truth." (Acts 17:11 - NLT)

To view the sermon on Youtube, click here.


No comments: