Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Only one life, so soon will pass

TODAY'S BIBLE READING:

Leviticus 13:1-59 
Mark 6:1-29
Psalm 39:1-13
Proverbs 10:10

BIBLE VERSE(S) FOR TODAY:

Psalm 39:4-5 "
LORD, remind me how brief my time on earth will be. 
Remind me that my days are numbered— 
how fleeting my life is. 
You have made my life no longer than the width of my hand. 
My entire lifetime is just a moment to you; 
at best, each of us is but a breath."

REFLECTIONS ON TODAY'S BIBLE VERSE(S):

The verses for today remind us how short our lives are. If we aren't careful, we will get caught up in the details of each day and come to the erroneous conclusion that we're going to be around for a very long time. 

Yet, in my conversations with the elderly, I often hear that they cannot believe how quickly the time has gone. As I approach my 50's, I'm coming to the same conclusion.

So, here are some things to consider doing today:

  • Reflect on how temporary life is.
  • Live today on purpose.
  • Do something today that will outlast today (an act of kindness to someone else).
  • Be open for an opportunity to share the Gospel with someone you run into.

No comments: