Sunday, January 13, 2013

(Video): "Arise My Love" by Newsong @ Winter Jam 2013

Newsong performing at the Tampa Bay Times Forum
during Winter Jam 2013
I went with our church's Youth Director, my sons and some youth from our church to the Tampa Bay Times Forum last night. We got to enjoy a lot of LOUD music from musical artists like Sidewalk Prophets, Matthew West, Jamie Grace, TobyMac and Newsong to name a few.

Personally, I would have enjoyed it much more: 1) if Matthew West had been given more time, 2) if the rock band named "Red" had not been invited, and 3) if the music had been turned down a few hundred decibels. (Does that mean I'm getting old?)

One of the highlights of the evening (in my personal estimation) was when Newsong took the stage and sang "Arise My Love." It's a song they began singing in 1987 but will be a favorite among many for years to come. It lit last night's crowd up!

"Arise My Love" is a song that speaks of Jesus' death, burial and resurrection. With it's picturesque words, it's beautiful melody and the powerful vocals of Newsong's lead singers, it was my favorite song of the night, hands down!

To view a video I took of the second part of the song from last night (I didn't get the first verse), just click here.

No comments: