Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Only 3 days until the Half Marathon!!!

I cannot adequately express how excited I am to participate in my first half marathon in 3 days! If you've never discovered the joys of running, any attempt I make to explain my excitement wouldn't work. If you are a runner, no explanation is needed.

This wall shows off what God can do in the life of someone
who simply takes advantage of the abilities and opportunities
that He gives! Life can be adventurous if you are a good
steward of what God has entrusted to you.

I can't wait to add another race bib to my collection. But this time, it won't be for a short 5K (3.1 mile) race as fun as they may be. This one will be for a half marathon (13.1 miles) that requires much more training, endurance, and mental strength. I am so grateful that the Lord has given me the abilities and opportunities to do well in this sport (at least for a 42 year old!).

Here's a map of the race course  around Lake Minneola in Clermont, Florida with the mile markers in bold black numbers:

Lake Minneola Half Marathon Route (April 20, 2013)



No comments: