Thursday, April 11, 2013

Space Shuttle Launches

One of the many fringe benefits of living in Florida is the Space Program on the east coast. Below are just two of the videos I took of a Space Shuttle launch I got to enjoy with my family.

The first video was taken in June 2007. Our family went to Titusville and watched the launch of the Space Shuttle Atlantis from about 10-12 miles away. (I should have had my tri-pod with me. I was so excited to see my first Space Shuttle launch that my hand was shaking horribly!) If you turn up the volume, you can hear the engines of the Shuttle rumbling beginning at the 1:10 mark.

The second video was taken in October 2007 when my family and I watched the launch of the Space Shuttle Discovery from our neighborhood about 115 miles away. The shuttle doesn't come into view until the 2:11 minute mark.



No comments: