Monday, October 6, 2014

Praying Scripture back to God

One way that I have learned to integrate studying my Bible, prayer and meditation is by personalizing Scripture. What I mean by that is this - as I read through Scripture, I turn it into a personal prayer to God.

As I spent time with the Lord this morning, I came across Romans 11:33-36. Let me show you how it works:

"Oh, how great are Your riches and wisdom and knowledge, God! How impossible it is for me to understand Your decisions and Your ways!
For who can know Your thoughts, LORD?
Who knows enough to give You advice?
And who has given You so much
that they need to pay it back?
For everything comes from You and exists by Your power and is intended for Your glory. All glory to You forever! Amen."

Do you see what I did? I simply turned Romans 11:33-36 into a prayer. In doing so, I have read God's Word, I am praying but I'm also meditating on God's Word (thinking about it so that it can be absorbed into my mind and heart).

No comments: