Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Are we under God's authority?



TODAY'S BIBLE READING:

Numbers 22:21-23:30
Luke 1:57-80
Psalm 58:1-11
Proverbs 11:12-13

BIBLE VERSE(S) FOR TODAY:

Numbers 22:38 "Balaam replied, 'Look, now I have come, but I have no power to say whatever I want. I will speak only the message that God puts in my mouth.'"

REFLECTIONS ON TODAY'S BIBLE VERSE(S):

In Numbers 22, the leaders of Moab hired a prophet. They wanted him to pronounce a curse upon the Israelites believing it would undermine the strength of God's people.

Yet, the prophet (Balaam) told them that they (and he) had no authority to determine what he would say over the Israelites. He was under God's authority and could only say what God told him to say.

I wonder if a mighty movement of God could begin and sweep across our land if God's spokesmen, pastor/preachers, would take this verse to heart.

No comments: