Thursday, March 30, 2017

Enjoying God from our youth

DAILY BIBLE READING:

Deuteronomy 13:1-15:23
Luke 8:40-9:6
Psalm 71:1-24
Proverbs 12:5-7

BIBLE VERSE(S) FOR TODAY:

Psalm 71:5-6 "For you are my hope, Lord God, my confidence from my youth. I have leaned on you from birth; you took me from my mother's womb."
REFLECTIONS ON TODAY'S BIBLE VERSE(S):

The Psalmist spoke of his incredible plight. While he was now old and was praying that God would not abandon him in his weakness (God would never do such a thing!), he acknowledged that His relationship with God went all the way back to his early childhood.

I hope that you have had this experience. I hope that you have had the privilege of getting to know and enjoy your God since your childhood. If not, you can make that possible for your children. If not your children, you can work to make it possible for your grandchildren.

Being exposed to God early in life and being reared in a family when the Lord is loved and served essentially sets the tone for the rest of one's life.

No comments: