Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Enjoying God

One of the many books I'm reading right now (I have a problem with tackling too many at one time) is John Piper's book "Desiring God." It is one he wrote many years ago and yet its truths are still speaking comfort and hope into the hearts of those who read it.

One quote that Piper coined and which he elaborates on in this book is this: "God is most glorified in us when we are most satisfied in Him."

From that quote, the author uses the book to state his case for Christian hedonism. I trust John Piper but as I started the book, I wasn't too sure about anything that used the word "hedonism." 

However, as I read the book and searched the Scriptures, I believe his conclusions are sound - that God made us with a desire to be happy and that happiness is to be found in fellowship with our God.

When I finish the book, I'll write a review.

No comments: