Thursday, January 9, 2014

A call to influence - a call to write

As Christians, we are called to be salt and light and many other things that speak to our call to influence. Jesus, in the Great Commission, told us to "Go..." A true follower of Jesus cannot be content to seek Him only for private reasons.... We seek Him so that we are empowered to reach out to a lost and hurting world and bring them to Him.

As a commissioned people (and especially if you like to write), may I encourage you to blog. It's really easy to get started and free. I started my blog (link below) in January 2011 and have simply posted my thoughts, reflections on life, meditations on Scripture and other things of interest to me.

To show you that our world has changed and you are able to literally influence people around the world from the privacy of your living room, I want to provide you with some numbers. The following are the numbers I gathered from my blog moments ago. This isn't anything unusual. You could be just as influential.

Total pageviews since I began blogging (January 2011): 24,991

Top posts and pageviews in the last 30 days
   Selling our Florida house - 355
   Symptoms of a guilty conscience - 75
   Was Abraham a murderer or not? - 47
   The incredible history of Mt. Moriah - 31
   How to be victorious in times of temptation - 22

Top 10 countries and pageviews in the last 30 days
   United States - 989
   Malaysia - 208
   Russia - 46
   Germany - 11
   United Kingdom - 11
   China - 10
   Brazil - 9
   Canada - 8
   Poland - 8
   France - 7

No comments: