Sunday, July 16, 2017

Praying for future in-laws

DAILY BIBLE READING:

1 Chronicles 22:1–23:32 
Romans 3:9-31 
Psalm 12:1-8 
Proverbs 19:13-14

BIBLE VERSE(S) FOR TODAY:

Proverbs 19:14 (CSB) "A house and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord."


REFLECTIONS ON TODAY'S BIBLE VERSE(S):

One habit I have had since my boys were born has been praying for their future wives. When I first started, knowing that guys tend to marry girls younger than them, I acknowledged that my future daughter-in-law might not even be born yet. So, I prayed for her parents.

I realize that if each of my boys are to be blessed with a wonderful wife, it will be because she is from the Lord.

So, parents and grandparents, pray for your child's future spouse.

Need some help in knowing what to pray? Here are some ideas...


  • Pray that their parents will raise them up in a godly home. Or, if not a godly home, then that your future -in-law will learn to love and trust the Lord in whatever setting they are in.
  • Pray for them to be saved at an early age.
  • Pray for them to find a healthy church in which they can grow and serve.
  • Pray for them to guard their heart from all of the world's temptations.
  • Pray for them to desire a godly spouse.
  • Etc., etc., etc.
When the day comes for each of my sons to get married, I'm looking forward to pulling each of my new daughter-in-laws aside and say, "I've been praying for you for years."

No comments: