Sunday, March 30, 2014

A Sunday Morning Prayer

Lord Jesus, I want to worship You today. I realize that it is my greatest privilege to worship You every moment of every day of my week. Yet, today is special in that I will join with my family of friends to focus on You.

We will sing to You. We will pray to You. We will listen to You as Your Word is taught and preached by folks who have studied at Your feet. We will also make the necessary adjustments in our thinking, behavior and attitudes as we hear from You.

I guess what I'm saying is that today is all about You, Jesus. It's about me enjoying You and praising You for the experience. In fact, I'm convinced that the way that I can show how wonderful You really are to me is to enjoy You today ... not just 'show up for church.' I pray that I will be able to really enjoy and experience You today in the congregation of Your people.


For that to happen, please cleanse me of any sin in my heart that would hinder me from enjoying You. As You bring specific sins to my mind, I will confess and forsake them specifically. Experiencing You today in an incredible way is worth any preparation it will take to make it happen. Amen.

No comments: